The Staff Affiliate Scholarship is an annual scholarship made available from funds raised throughout the year by the WHSA Staff Affiliate members. The Staff Affiliate would also like to give special recognition to Lakeshore Learning Materials for their generous donation during the WHSA Annual Conference. Their generosity and support of this scholarship fund-raising raffle continues to help make this scholarship possible.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? The Staff Affiliate Scholarship will be awarded to a current Head Start employee, employed by Head Start for at least one year from date of his/ her hire.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP: The scholarship award is $400. The award can be requested for an advanced education, recertification, professional development and/or related educational expenses. Notification of the award will be given by WHSA office. Attendance at the Awards Ceremony at the Fall Quarterly event is strongly encouraged.
ATTACH AT LEAST TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- One letter of recommendation should be from your current supervisor.
- The other letter of recommendation may be from a colleague of your choice – i.e. professor, mentor, or Head Start staff member.
Recommendation letters for WHSA scholarship applicants should address the following areas:
- Personal or professional achievements of the applicant
- The applicants educational and career goals
- Head Start and community involvement
- Financial need of the applicant
- Any special needs or circumstances
Application must be SIGNED BY HS/EHS PROGRAM DIRECTOR and received at the WHSA office by MONDAY, MARCH 30, 2020 to be eligible for consideration.
Mail or email to scholarship applications to: Wisconsin Head Start Association Scholarship 5250 E. Terrace Dr. Suite 112 Madison, WI 53718 Phone: 608-442-6879 WHSAassist@whsaonline.org