The Together, Learning and Collaborating (TLC), formerly Teachers, Learning and Collaborating, is a group format Practice-Based Coaching model for ongoing professional development. This approach can be used across different types of programs and age groups, including center-based, school-based, and home-based programs. The method pairs a small group of teachers with a trained facilitator who helps them use evidence-based strategies to improve children’s learning and development. Both teachers and facilitators are trained in a framework for understanding classroom quality, which gives them a shared understanding of the objectives of their work together.
- A group formatted Practice-Based Coaching model for ongoing professional development.
- Combines different types of coaching: expert (trained facilitator), peer (fellow participants), and self (participant) coaching.
- In-person participant work groups led by trained facilitators, supported by independent classroom video recordings, and guided by group discussions on practices.
- Focus on teaching practices using video recording, reflection, group and individual feedback.
TLCs are designed as a group-coaching approach for programs implementing Practice Based Coaching as their research-based coaching model. At the conclusion of this training event, all participants will be trained to facilitate TLC groups within their organization.
TLC facilitators may be Head Start Education Managers, Coaches or other staff who support teachers in a program. The facilitator makes a commitment to facilitating TLC sessions throughout the school year.
A maximum of 15 participants will be allowed to attend. Registrants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
*If Together, Learning and Collaborating(TLC) is your primary coaching model, please be reminded the TLC facilitator must meet the early childhood or related field baccalaureate degree qualifications as outlined in the Head Start Program Performance Standard 1302.91(f).
September 20-21, 2018
Wisconsin Head Start Association Training Room
5250 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison, WI 53718
$175 per participant
This event is limited to 15 participants.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
TLC Facilitator Training Overview:
- Day1:– What are TLCs – the nutshell version– How TLCs relate to larger professional development context – Orientation to support materials you will use– In depth discussion of TLC process– Strategies for effective TLC facilitation
- Day2:– Prepare and practice delivering TLC components– Next steps: Support for facilitators this year? – Q & A
Hotel and Room Block:
A room block will be available at The Cambria Hotel. Please call (608) 241-7070 to make reservations. The group is under “Wisconsin Head Start Assocation” and the group code is “MN60R4”. The room block deadline is September 4, 2018.
5045 Eastpark Blvd,
Madison, WI, US, 53718