Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute
Two-day Coach Training
June 21-22, 2017
The Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute (PBCTI) is an intensive 2-day event intended for coaches implementing the Practice Based Coaching model. During the PBCTI, coaches will learn how to use Practice-Based Coaching to support staff’s use of high-quality teaching and home-visiting practices.
5250 E. Terrace Dr.
Madison, WI 53718
Objectives for the Practice-Based Coaching Training Institute are as follows:
Coaches will be able to:
- Identify the key components of PBC.
- Describe the characteristics of collaborative partnerships.
- Work with staff to create shared goals and develop action plans for achieving those goals.
- Conduct focused observations based on an action plan.
- Use reflection and feedback to support staff’s implementation of the identified goals.
- Meet the new Head Start Program Performance Standard for implementing a research-based, coordinated coaching strategy by a qualified coach.
Who Should Attend?
The PBCTI is designed for staff who provide direct coaching. These coaches may be supporting classroom teachers, home visitors, family child care providers, or others who work directly with children or families.
Registration Opens HERE in April, 2017.
If you have questions, contact Wendy Bowe, Regional Early Childhood Manager at email@example.com or call (608) 469-4371.