EHS Teacher Floater – Neighborhood House of Milwaukee
Location: EHS/ Milwaukee
Start Date: ASAP
Wage Rate: $11.50-13
Minimum Requirements: Must have Infant & Toddler Credential. Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Hold a minimum of Level nine on the Registry Ladder. Meet all state licensing requirements and be qualified as a Childcare Teacher. Complete Infant/Child and CPR/AED training within the first six months of employment. If Registry certificate is not current, must provide manager with current Registry certification within three months of employment.
Preferred requirements: Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in early childhood or related discipline or apprenticeship.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE: Under the direction of the Early Childhood Manager and Lead Teacher, the Teacher Floater is responsible for providing an environment that is safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate for children from 6 weeks of age through 12 years of age, both on an individual and group basis, within agency, state, and federal regulations, policies, and procedures, including Early Head Start standards for 6 weeks – 3 years of age.
SCOPE AND NATURE: Individuals in this classification are responsible for assisting in the planning and implementing a variety of activities for children ages 6 weeks – 12 years of age, which required knowledge of child development and programming. Individuals in this capacity must be able to adapt activities and methods to meet individual needs, and evaluate and respond appropriately to situations to ensure the well-being and safety of all children. The Teacher must be able to communicate effectively with their supervisor, peers, lead teachers, parents, children, and other Neighborhood House staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(In addition to the duties listed below, they will be responsible for all other duties assigned to them)
• Assist with the planning of age appropriate curriculum for children 6 weeks-12 years old that uses the Creative Curriculum and STEM concepts within it. Emphasis should be on social/emotional skills, cognitive skills, artistic skills, fine and gross motor development and language development.
• Assist with the daily care of young children to include supervision of daily learning activities and assisting with the health, safety, and welfare of all children.
• Communicate with parents/ guardians to share information about child’s progress and needs as directed by ECS Manager and Lead Teacher.
• Observe children for possible signs of illness, abuse, and/or developmental delays, document these observations and report all concerns to the Lead Teacher or ECS Manager.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining records and documentation of children including health information, behavior, attendance, etc. as required by state licensing regulations and Neighborhood House policies.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom, including proper storage of food, medications, and supplies, as well as routine repair and maintenance of equipment.
• Assist in supervising and ensuring personal hygiene of children and monitor children during toileting activities.
• Assists in distributing, documenting, and monitoring the administration of medications to children.
• Maintains discipline and enforces the rules and regulations pertaining to the center in an appropriate, positive, and consistent manner.
• Maintains sight and sound supervision of all children in their care at all times.
• Monitor the sign in and sign out process, in order to ensure that children are signed in and out and accounted for at all times.
• Monitor meal and snack time and eat at the table with the children. Assists in appropriately documenting the number of children participating in meal and snack daily.
• Be flexible to assist in all ECS and UKC classrooms, as needed.
• Attend center staff meetings and other activities as directed.
• Provide verification of required continuing education hours.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position, Monday - Friday between 9:30am – 6:00pm. Benefits include, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, health, dental, vision, life, flexible spending, critical illness, and disability insurance.