Early Childhood Education Director – Centro Hispano (Milwaukee)
Wage Rate: Min. $80,000 per year ($38.46/hr) ---- Max. $93,600 per year ($45/hr)
- This position requires a minimum of a Masters degree in Business Administration, Fiscal Management, Management, or closely related field. Combination of Head Start experience and education will be considered for the appropriate candidate.
- Excellent oral and written skills in Spanish and English.
- Minimum of 10 years supervisory, management, and budgeting ($5 million or more) experience, knowledge in Head Start federal regulations and Wisconsin licensing regulations, with knowledge in Early Learning Leader (ELL) accreditation preferred. Combination of Head Start experience and education will be considered for the appropriate candidate.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, regularly access files (some walking, bending, stooping, and lifting of light materials). Frequent mental and visual concentration required for computer usage.
- This position requires driving between sites. A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and auto insurance are required by law, and the employee must provide proof of insurance upon request.
Reporting directly to the President/CEO of Centro Hispano Milwaukee, the Early Childhood Education Director is an active member of the senior management team and is responsible for the overall day to day program operations of the Head Start and Early Head Start programs. This position also supervises the ongoing monitoring and compliance of federal, state, and local regulations with regards to early childhood education. This includes compliance with the Head Start Performance Standards, state child care licensing regulations, and local health and safety codes. It also includes ensuring compliance with all mandated internal and external reporting requirements.
Head Start promotes school readiness of children under 5 from low-income families through education, health, social and other services. Early Head Start provides early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants and toddlers and their families, and pregnant women and their families.